View more on these topics

NAB reveals details of Clydesdale Bank IPO

Board-Room-Meeting-Room-Business-700.png

National Australia Bank, the parent company of Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank, has unveiled details of a proposed demerger and IPO.

Under the terms laid out by NAB, 25 per cent of the bank will be divested via IPO, with the remaining 75 per cent of Clydesdale shares going to existing investors.

NAB shareholders will receive one Clydesdale share for every four NAB shares they own.

If the demerger and IPO is approved, it is expected that Clydesdale will be listed on the London Stock Exchange in February next year.

NAB chairman Michael Chaney says: “Having assessed a number of alternatives, the NAB board considers the demerger is the best exit option and is likely to enhance value for NAB shareholders over the long-term.”

He adds: “The NAB directors are of the view that [Clydesdale and Yorkshire Bank] is now in a position to be demerged to NAB shareholders and be listed as a standalone retail and SME bank with a strong franchise across its core regional UK markets, a strong balance sheet and capital position, a robust business plan and operating platform, as well as an experienced management team.”

Recommended

Clydesdale-Bank-700x450.jpg

NAB set to offload Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks

National Australia Bank is set to let go of Clydesdale and Yorkshire Banks and float part of the business. As part of its demerger plans, NAB will transfer 70-80 per cent of its shares in Clydesdale, which includes Yorkshire Bank, to NAB shareholders. The remaining 20-30 per cent will be floated on the stock exchange. […]

Clydesdale-Bank-700x450.jpg

Clydesdale fined £20.6m over PPI complaints

The FCA has fined Clydesdale Bank £20.6m over serious failings in the way it handled payment protection insurance complaints – the largest fine imposed to date for PPI-related failings. The FCA says in mid-2011 Clydesdale implemented inappropriate policies that meant its PPI complaint handlers were not taking into account all relevant documents when deciding how […]

Yorkshire-Bank-400.jpg

Yorkshire and Clydesdale in £2bn flotation

National Australia Bank is preparing a £2bn stockmarket float of its UK business, Yorkshire and Clydesdale Banks, reports say. The Telegraph reports the Australian lender has appointed Morgan Stanley to lead a listing of the banks and is expected to hire other banks to assist with the flotation in the coming weeks. NAB recently said that […]

Estate-Agent-To-Let-Buy-Sign-700.jpg
1

Has the Chancellor driven small landlords out of the market?

The Chancellor’s buy-to-let tax changes could drive smaller landlords from the market and “make the housing crisis worse” for renters, say experts. Today, George Osborne revealed stamp duty rates for landlords would be 3 percentage points higher than residential purchasers from April. The details are set to be consulted on by the Government. Giving his […]

Auto-enrolment

Employers fined £52,500 for auto-enrolment failings

By Jamie Clark, Business Development Manager The Pensions Regulator (TPR) has taken the step of naming and shaming employers that have been served County Court Judgments (CCJs) for non-payment of auto-enrolment fines. We take a look at what this means for employers, their employees and advisers Shamed into action? Sixty-four employers have been served CCJs […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up