View more on these topics

Woolwich unveils two-year fixed rate

Woolwich is returning to the two-year fixed rate market as swap rates begin to stabilise. The new rate will be set at 5.39%, with a follow-on rate of 0.95% above base rate. The product will complement the range of tracker, capped, offset and long-term fixed rates already on offer.

Recommended

Nationwide predicts another rate freeze

Nationwide predicts there will be no change in the Bank of England base rate at the next meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee on Thursday March 8.The society says there is a 40% chance of a rate rise and a 60% chance it will remain the same, although it says a rise cannot be ruled […]

Brokers uncertain if inflation battle is over

Brokers are uncertain whether the latest interest rate freeze means inflation is finally under control. John Postlethwaite, consultant at financial adviser Punter Southall, says: “It was widely predicted that the Bank of England would hold interest rates this month, so today’s announcement is no surprise. “With the number of mortgage approvals dropping 1% in January […]

Changes that mean we will all suffer

The Home Information Pack issue is becoming increasingly farcical. Leaving aside the question of whether or not they are a good idea in the first place, the confusion that surrounds them is palpable.

Four IVA probe firms named

The Advertising Standards Authority has named four individual voluntary arrangement firms it is investigating over their advertising claims.

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up