View more on these topics

Solent Mortgage Services offers enhanced proc fees

Solent Mortgage Services, the national branded mortgage arranger, is offering brokers enhanced procuration fees when they use their SEAS product research facility, available through The Porthole.

SEAS, which stands for Solent Enquiry to Application System, provides the functionality to enable every intermediary, regardless of which mortgage platform they use, to upload client information and engage the SEAS module to provide in depth product analysis.

Depending on the product choice, intermediaries can earn an extra 0.1% or £50 when a deal completes having been through the SEAS product research facility. The offer lasts for all cases submitted until the end of April via SEAS.

Ian Balfour, sales and marketing director at SMS, says: “We want to make more intermediaries aware of the fantastic service available to them from our award winning systems regardless of the mortgage platform they are using currently, So whether an intermediary is using Trigold, Mortgage Brian or any other system, all of them can upload their client details to SEAS in order to undertake accurate and compliant product analysis.”

Recommended

Over 2,000 products withdrawn this month

Lenders have withdrawn over 2,000 products in the past month, says eMoneyfacts.co.uk.Denise Harvey, mortgage analyst at eMoneyfacts.co.uk, says smaller building societies that had escaped much of the pain of the liquidity crisis are now being affected with full out withdrawals replacing increases in rates or tightened criteria.She says: “It seems that there is no stopping […]

Reader interest piqued by loan guarantee deal

some 61% of Mortgage Strategy Online readers will explore the government-backed Small Firms Loan Guarantee scheme intended to help com- panies survive the market downturn. The remaining 39% won’t bother looking at the funds.This week, Mortgage Strategy asks: “Will you encourage clients to consider long-term fixed rate mortgages?”

CHL Mortgages may axe 50 staff

CHL Mortgages is likely to make 50 staff redundant as a result of its effort to scale down lending.The company confirms jobs will be lost as it shifts focus towards credit quality and margin. Bob Young, managing director of CHL, says: “This change of focus will have consequences for staff numbers. We believe it will […]

Income protection

Reassuringly focused on claims

By Ross Jackson, senior protection marketing manager We’re sure you’ll have heard your customers say ‘But insurance companies don’t pay claims’ when giving a reason for not wanting to take out protection. In fact, our State of the Protection Nation research showed that 27 per cent of consumers asked didn’t think protection providers paid out […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up