View more on these topics

Reader interest piqued by loan guarantee deal

some 61% of Mortgage Strategy Online readers will explore the government-backed Small Firms Loan Guarantee scheme intended to help com- panies survive the market downturn. The remaining 39% won’t bother looking at the funds.

This week, Mortgage Strategy asks: “Will you encourage clients to consider long-term fixed rate mortgages?”

Recommended

Buy-to-let investors’ gearing declines

Buy-to-let investors’ gearing has declined to 36% – its lowest level since May, reveals Paragon Mortgages. New research from the specialist lender out today reveals that the average gearing across 200 landlords’ portfolios is down from 38% in Q4 2007.Paragon says this reflects investors’ cautious approach in an environment of volatile borrowing costs, as well […]

Exclusive Connections adds Money Partners to panel

Exclusive Connections has taken Money Partners on board its lender panel. The new arrangement means that Money Partners’ range of specialist mortgage products is now available to Exclusive Connections’ network of members. Exclusive Connections has over 50 members throughout the UK and specialises in packaging products for lenders in the sub-prime, prime and niche mortgage […]

How to use wills to protect your clients’ wishes

March was Free Wills Month! Free Wills Month brings together a group of well-respected charities to offer members of the public aged 55 and over the opportunity to have their simple wills written or updated free of charge by using participating solicitors in selected locations around England and Wales. Research by the Law Society* highlighted that only 64 […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up