View more on these topics

Precise issues fourth securitisation

Precise Mortgages has launched a £205m securitisation – its fourth issue.

Ratings agency Fitch says 53 per cent of the loans are classed as prime buy-to-let loans, with the remaining 47 per cent classed as near-prime residential or buy-to-let.

Precise Mortgages managing director Alan Cleary says: “Having a diversified funding model enables us to continue with our strategy of helping borrowers underserved by high-street lenders. 

“We recently became a bank, which gives us an additional funding source. We believe this will lead to Precise Mortgages becoming the specialist lender of choice for the intermediary market.”

The lender launched a £230m securitisation in December and has now securitised £800m-worth of loans since 2013.

Separately, Paragon Mortgages revealed it is planning its fifth securitisation in 18 months. 

Ratings agencies Moody’s and Fitch have confirmed that the pool of securitised loans will be comprised entirely of UK prime buy-to-let mortgages.

The lender is currently meeting with potential investors and hopes to agree pricing this week. 

While the pool size has not yet been agreed, Paragon has the power to add a further £66m of loans to the pool as long as they are written before 31 August. 

Recommended

Jason-Berry-MS-CUTOUT-250x255.jpg

Analysis: Recommend only the best products

I have spoken often about the perils of not offering general insurance as part of your business proposition. Not only are you in danger of flouting the regulator’s core initiative (TCF) but you risk losing customers who may go elsewhere for GI. But is it enough to offer just GI products? Are you doing right by […]

Bob Young Fleet 2014

Fleet adds Paradigm to its distribution panel

Fleet Mortgages has added Paradigm Mortgage Services to its distribution panel. It means brokers can now access Fleet’s buy-to-let products through the mortgage club, which becomes the eighth firm on the broker-only lender’s panel. Fleet Mortgages chief executive Bob Young says: “What appeals to us particularly about Paradigm is its ongoing focus on quality and […]

LV= Myles Rix

LV= offer gives 5% discount on IP premiums until 30 April

Insurance provider LV= is offering a 5 per cent discount on income protection premiums. The offer is valid on all quotes made until 30 April. Further, LV= will donate 77p to the Seven Families initiative for every flexible income protection plan application received during the offer period, regardless of whether the applicant takes out the […]

Bull
4

Cover feature: Red rag to a broker

The broker-lender relationship has improved greatly since our last enquiry in 2011. But Mortgage Strategy hears there are still issues that drive brokers to distraction, such as poor communication over decision-making and unfathomable lending criteria 

Retirement fund - thumbnail

What price (more) freedoms?

George Osborne will make his last Budget speech of the current parliamentary term this week, and the early media briefings suggest that pensions will again feature heavily in that statement. So what are we able to learn from the weekend’s coverage?

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up
Close

Why register with Mortgage Strategy?

Mortgage Strategy continues to be the market-leading B2B mortgage publication in the UK, and provides trusted, independent insight with the aim of helping, promoting and analysing the latest developments for mortgage professionals.

News & analysis delivered directly to your inbox
Register today to receive our range of news alerts including daily and weekly briefings

Mortgage Strategy Events
Be the first to hear about our industry leading conferences, awards, webinars and more.

Research and insight
Take part in and see the results of Mortgage Strategy's flagship investigations into industry trends.

Have your say
Only registered users can post comments. As the voice of the adviser community, our content generates robust debate. Sign up today and make your voice heard.

Register now