View more on these topics

Football clubs get richer with Britannia

Borrowers and savers with Britannia are helping to shape the Rooneys and Lampards of the future through the lender’s football accounts.

The society’s range of save and support accounts and mortgages return annual bo-nuses to football clubs including Chelsea (pictured).

In the past eight years, more than £20m has been presented to 13 Premiership, Championship and League One teams.

And clubs across the country have already netted £3.5m this season thanks to Britain’s second largest mutual and its football fanatic members.

The scheme works by allowing fans to pledge help for their clubs either by opening Britannia save and support accounts or choosing football club mortgages.

Money presented by Britannia and its fan members has helped towards the funding of player development schemes, youth academies and contributing to the development of clubs – shaping the football stars of the future.

Tim Franklin, managing director of member business at Britannia, says: “We are the leading financial services provider in this market and it is fantastic that we are able to return such huge bonuses to these clubs.”

Recommended

DUBAI 2007: STRAW POLL IN FAVOUR OF RETENTION FEES

A straw poll of delegates attending the Mortgage Summit in Dubai has revealed a majority in favour of lender retention fees.The poll found 60% of delegates thought retention fees were commercially worthwhile and profitable for mortgage intermediaries while the remaining 40% say they are not.The results of the straw poll are an exact reversal of […]

Get set, there’s no stopping HIPs now

The introduction of Home Information Packs took a step closer at the end of last month when the regulations were laid before Parliament.

Rich cause London anomaly

City bonuses and international investors responding to the allure of London locations have created an anomaly in the housing market, says Knight Frank.The estate agent’s latest review of residential house prices in the capital reveals super-prime locations such as Belgravia, Chelsea and Kensington saw price rises of nearly a third in 2006.Prices in central and […]

eHIPS set HIP price at £225

eConveyancer says it is to market one of the UK’s lowest cost Home Information Packs when they become compulsory on June 1 – at a price of £225.eConveyancer’s HIPs proposition is being marketed under the eHIPS brand and full details are being presented to introducers via a nationwide roadshow which commences in Leeds. The presentations […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up