View more on these topics

Moody’s reports on a stable September for prime RMBS

UK prime residential mortgagebacked securities remained stable in September, says Moody’s.

The 90-day-plus arrears trend was stable at 1.9% during the month. The repossessions trend increased slightly to 0.08% from 0.07% but cumulative losses were unchanged at 0.14%.

Moody’s has rated five new issuances in the prime market since September. These include a £17.2bn deal by Santander, a £1.5bn deal by Nationwide Building Society and a £3.2bn securitisation by Lloyds TSB Bank and Cheltenham & Gloucester.

In total, 129 prime RMBS transactions have been launched and rated by Moody’s since 1999. As of September, the total outstanding pool balance in the prime RMBS market was £348.6bn compared with £329.1bn a year ago – an increase of 5.9%.

Recommended

CAN YOU HAVE A POP TO WIN THIS BOTTLE OF MIGHTY FINE CHAMPAGNE?

The Duke of York congratulates Brian Munnoch on completing 44 years at Leeds Building Society Can you put the boot in to your nearest and dearest to win this delectable bottle of bubbly? In addition, competition sponsor Tiuta will donate £100 to Great Ormond Street Hospital. Submit a witty caption for the photo above and […]

Shared ownership is not on buyers’ radar, says Halifax

Almost three-quarters – 72% – of would-be house buyers would not consider a shared equity or shared ownership scheme, research from Halifax shows. Of those who said they were against such schemes, 26% cited the main reason being not wanting to rely on someone else to help them buy a home. In second place, 19% […]

Newsletter

News and expert analysis straight to your inbox

Sign up