Premium income rose to more than £29m, the highest level in the company’s 138-year history. Health Shield also saw its highest annual increase in the recruitment of new members, rising to 70,370. The friendly society now covers 205,718 members and their families.
Health Shield key results:
- Seven per cent rise in earned premiums
- 26 per cent increase in new members and a 19 per cent increase in total members
- 75 per cent of annual contributions paid back to members in benefits
- 14 per cent increase in employees from 110 to 126 staff
- 99 per cent member satisfaction for claims service
- Recognised for the third consecutive year as one of the Sunday Times’ ‘100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For’
- Voted the UK’s best health cash plan provider at Health Insurance, Cover and Corporate Adviser Awards
Chief executive Jonathan Burton said:“Record levels of membership recruitment, improvements in service levels and success at numerous awards have made 2014 our most successful year yet.
“We face a number of challenges as an industry in 2015, including final preparations for the forthcoming implementation of Solvency II. We remain in an excellent financial position and continue to undertake initiatives to ensure that the society consistently achieves value for money for its members.”
Alternatively for more information about our Health Cash Plans call us on 01270 588 555.