The Equity Release Council has appointed two new board directors following a vote by members.
The two new directors are Key Retirement group director Richard Overson and Legal & General Home Finance managing director Steve Ellis. Overson is The Council’s first board director to represent an adviser firm.
LV= head of retirement solutions Vanessa Owen and Just Retirement risk and compliance director Steve Kyle, have both also been re-elected. Each of the directors will serve for two years until 2019, and join the following existing board members:
- Nigel Waterson, Chairman of The Council
- Donna Bathgate, Chief Operating Officer of The Council
- Chris Pond, Chairman of The Council’s Standards Board
- Paul Carter, Chief Executive of Pure Retirement
- Paul Barber, Director of Retirement Bridge
- Deian Jones, Managing Director of Hodge Lifetime
- Roger Marsden, Managing Director (Equity Release) of Aviva
- Dave Harris, Managing Director of more2Life
Separately, The Council has confirmed the latest appointments of industry experts to its Standards Board:
- Provider representative: David Forsdyke, Head of Compliance (Equity Release) at Retirement Advantage
- Adviser representative: Susan Jeffery, Financial Advisor at Ainsdale Finance Ltd
- Solicitor representative: Claire Barker, Managing Director of Equilaw
- Surveyor representative: Mel Kettle, Director Client Services at Gateway Surveyors
Equity Release Council chairman Nigel Waterson (pictured) says: “We welcome the new board members amid a time of unprecedented growth in the equity release sector. Our new directors bring a wealth of experience and expert knowledge to the table, helping us represent this fast-growing market and steer the next phase of its evolution. I would also like to thank the outgoing board members for their valued support and guidance during this period of high growth.